Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, right now I have a full caseload and won’t be able to take on any new teen clients. However, for the last several years, I’ve been creating content to help parents navigate the complex and isolating experience of supporting a gender-questioning child. You have several options:
1. To sign up for the waiting list for parent phone consultation, please fill out this form. You’ll also be signed up for my free newsletter, which is full of parenting tips and information on teen-onset gender dysphoria:
2. Patreon is a subscription site where I post most of my resources. Here you’ll find two tiers of support and two main types of videos.
One type of video is topical and related to the most common questions I get from parents. These include things like setting boundaries, feeling more confident engaging your teen around ideological material and jargon, helping reduce your teen’s defensive during gender conversations, internet dependency, requests for new pronouns, name changes, school interventions, etc.
The second type of video is the Question & Answer series. Parents write in anonymously and share their teen’s story and I respond with my impressions and advice. I’ve covered a broad range of topics like peer imitation in autistic girls, sudden trans-identification right before leaving to university, teen romantic relationships with FTM partners, and precipitating traumatic events that may be contributing to dysphoria. If you sign up at the Q & A tier you’ll have access to both topical and Q & A videos*
To sign up for either tier, click here.
3. YouTube is where I’ll post a full-length video every now and then, but due to the sensitivity of the subject matter, most videos are on Patreon, rather than YouTube.
4. To see more about my approach you can view interviews I’ve done with Benjamin Boyce. Here was our first one on Identity, Gender, Adolescence, and Therapy. You can find the rest on his channel by searching for me by name.
5. Lastly, you can read my blog here.
*Please note: none of the videos or content described here are intended as a substitute for medical or mental health treatment.